Tuesday 10 July 2012

Adam Lambert diss Clay Aiken

Adam Lambert diss Clay Aiken 
Adam Lambert diss Clay Aiken - Former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken had some unkind things to say about Adam Lambert on his blog. One of Clay Aiken’s fans asked him what he thought about American Idol season 8 (he posted the question on Clay’s blog, which, incidentally, is only available to subscribers for $29.95 a year) and, according to Access Hollywood, here is what Clay Aiken had to say:




“I couldn’t be happier about the way “AI” ended this year. I only turn the show on once a season. This year, I happened to turn it during the minute that Adam Lambert was singing ‘Ring of Fire’ and, at that moment, thought my ears would bleed. Contrived, awful, and slightly frightening!”

Clay Aiken also has this to say:

“In a battle between David and Goliath, my money is on David! I think many voters got sick of being ‘told who to vote for.’ I think many were turned off by the blatant favoritism shown towards one contestant… I think they voted AGAINST an American Idol that has, for four years now, been more about the slick productions and polished contestants than it has been about finding the raw talent…. [Votes for Kris] were votes that said ‘we’re tired of seeing contestants who already seem to know it all.”

You may recall that Clay Aiken was the runner-up on the second season of American Idol (he lost to the “Velvet Teddy Bear” Ruben Studdard). He has had a relatively successful singing career since then; in addition to releasing several albums, Clay Aiken has also appeared on Broadway. He also has confirmed that he is gay. So much for gay brotherhood!

Interestingly, though, the Chicago Sun Times reported that Clay Aiken reached out to Adam Lambert and tried to get him to record a duet with him. Hmmm. Did Adam Lambert turn down Clay Aiken? Is this a question of sour grapes, perhaps?

If I didn’t know any better, I would say that Clay Aiken is jealous of Adam Lambert and feels threatened by him. In my humble opinion, Adam Lambert can sing circles around Clay Aiken. What do you think, dear reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment