Thursday 2 May 2013

Steve Mcqueen and Ali Mcgraw Divorced in 1978

Steve McQueen and Ali Mcgraw Divorced In 1978 - Veteran actress Ali McGraw regrets not demanding more money from her ex-husbands, including Steve McQueen, branding her “romantic” notion of her divorces “stupid”.


The Love Story star was first married to Robin Martin Hoen but the union ended after two years in 1962. She went on to wed producer Robert Evans in 1969 and had a son, Josh, in 1971, but they split after four years together.

Her subsequent marriage to McQueen broke down in 1978, and McGraw admits she left the relationships without any payouts – and as a result, she had to “scale back” her lifestyle due to financial issues. Steve Mcqueen and Ali Mcgraw Divorced in 1978,

She tells Town & Country magazine, “I had a romantic, ‘Aren’t I a good girl?’ take on divorce, but the truth is that was stupid. When one stops working at the height of one’s career, it’s just stupid not to say, ‘I want to make sure I have a house.’

“I haven’t made a living lately at all. I’m much more famous than I am rich, but I’m able to scale back my lifestyle. I know a lot of people who were where I was who can’t imagine living any simpler, but I haven’t got a lot of expensive wants.”

No comments:

Post a Comment