Friday 28 June 2013

Ricky Gervais and Jane Fallon together for 30 years

Ricky Gervais and Jane Fallon together for 30 years, Ricky Gervais and Jane Fallon Together For 30 Years - Ricky Gervais has hit out at parents who 'put the fear of God' into their children for being gay or threaten them if they ever come out as being homosexual.


The outspoken comedian will appear on CNN's Piers Morgan show tonight where he opens up about his atheist views as well as gay marriage and his weight loss.......dailymail.co.uk

Known for speaking his mind and never shying away from controversy, the 50-year-old had some choice words for people who make homophobic comments to their children.

Ricky is an admitted atheist and says although he respects others' beliefs, he thinks some people take their opinions way too far to the point where it is detrimental to their offspring.

'I've got nothing against people believing in God at all,' he told the news show host. 'In fact, if it did make you a kinder person, if you only did good things in his name, then great. But there's the rub.'

'It's when I see some of these religious fundamentalists saying that they've told their five-year-old children that if they turn out gay, they will burn in hell.

'That to me is child abuse. That's nothing to do with religion or spirituality. That's child abuse.
'So that's why I'm passionate when it comes to that.'

When asked why he thought many in the Republican nomination race deliberately took the anti-gay marriage stance based on their religious beliefs, Ricky says they should be more tolerant.

'Well, with this, we're back to offence, aren't we? Just because they're offended by someone being gay, it doesn't mean they're right,' Ricky stated.

'It's a strange thing that - that gay - being gay is a choice. No, being gay isn't a choice, you know?
'I want to go, "Look, you try it, then. If it's a choice, have a go.'"

Ricky also shared his views on the death of Whitney Houston and how celebrities can get sucked into the excess of the entertainment industry.

'I like a glass of wine. But I don't really mix in those circles,' Ricky said.
'I think it was Oprah who said if you don't know who you are by the time you become famous, it will define you.'
But the British star said that he feels fortunate to be in the position he's in.

'I mean I'm in it for the work. I love the work. Everyone knows that we get paid very well. You know, nice reviews are good, awards are great. But it's the work.

'It's the I can't believe my luck that I get up in the morning, have an idea, and I can start writing that idea and it will get made at the moment, you know?'
Ricky Gervais is Britain's wealthiest comedian with an estimated net worth of $50 million.
He is currently working on his third sitcom, Life's Too Short, which he stars in, writes and directs.
It's being dubbed as the love child of his other hit shows, The Office and Extras.

Ricky also revealed that he lost 25lbs recently but did it all 'by working out. 'I still eat too much. I still drink too much. But the next day, I punish myself in the gym. I work out like Rocky. And then I feel great. You know, it makes you feel better, genuinely,' he said of his somewhat healthier regime.

He maintained though that it wasn't because he wanted to look good that he lost the weight but because he wanted to feel better.
'It wasn't a vanity kick. It was a health kick,' he told Piers.

'I'll tell you, the truth was it was Christmas. I was 48 a couple of Christmases ago. And I had 11 sausages. And I sat there feeling ill. The number of times I've said, "Jane, I'm having a heart attack.'"

When Piers asked Ricky if his girlfriend of 30 years Jane Fallon prefers him as a 'comedic auteur' or as a 'chubby loser', Ricky said she loves him whatever size he is.

'I think she loves me for both,' he gushed. 'Don't forget, when she met me, I wasn't a chubby loser. I was about ten stone. And also, I used to do judo, karate, boxing - you know, every day, I was so fit. And then I hit 30 and got a job.'
But he added that even though they have not married in the three decades they've been together, he is not ruling it out.
'Oh, I'd never say never.' the Golden Globes host shared.  'There's no reason we're not getting married other than there's no point at the moment. There might be one day, but it's not... I'm not digging my heels in going we can never get married for any reason. We just... there's no point.

'I think I'm very romantic. I mean the fact that we have been together for 30 years. We're soul mates. No one knows as much about me. No one loves me as much. And that's mutual. I don't think you get more romantic than that.
'And I think buying someone a card once a year is irrelevant. It doesn't do it for me. That's not romance. That's a tick on a calendar. It's nothing.

'You know, we like each other's company. And we don't like anyone better.'

No comments:

Post a Comment