Sunday 7 April 2013

Gosling Bank Robbery

Gosling Bank Robbery - A Ryan Gosling has revealed that bank heist scenes from his new film The Place Beyond the Pines were filmed in front of real customers and not extras.
Gosling - who plays a stuntman-turned-bank robber in the Derek Cianfrance crime drama - admitted that the film's crew decided to use real staff and members of the public to make the shoot-out seem more realistic. The actor told The Daily Telegraph that scenes were filmed in one take and designed to capture genuine reactions, but people still seemed to recognise him.

"I'm there with a gun and I look down and people are just smiling," said Gosling. "They were just enjoying the show and I think I spotted someone filming me on their camera phone as I robbed the place."
The 32-year-old also said that his role as Luke Glanton allowed him to indulge his passion for motorbikes as well as act out bad guy fantasies. –DS

"I got a paper route and saved up and got a [motorbike] when I was about 12 years old," he admitted. "I sat with it out in the yard for about a year just pretending I was riding it."He went on to joke: "I've been thinking about a bank robbery my whole life [too], and I finally got to do it."

Gosling acknowledged that despite the fun aspects of the role, the themes of the film run much darker. "I loved making this movie," he added. "Initially, I just thought I got to rob banks on a bike, but actually it goes much, much deeper than that."

The Place Beyond the Pines, which also stars Bradley Cooper and Eva Mendes, opens in UK cinemas on April 12 and is showing in the US now

No comments:

Post a Comment